Frequently Asked Questions
What programs does Monroe Little League offer during the year?
- The Winter season runs from January through March when we hold instructional clinics.
- The Spring season runs from March through mid-June. Recreational and travel teams of all ages play during this time of year.
- The Summer season runs from mid-June through July. All-star and travel teams of certain ages play during this time of year.
- The Fall season runs from September through October. Travel teams of certain ages play during this time of year. We also run clinics for the younger age groups .
Can you give me details regarding the league divisions with Monroe for the Spring season?
- Rookie (Ages 6-7)
- A (Ages 6-8)
- AA/AAA (Ages 9-12)
- Majors (Ages 10-12)
- Mini (Ages 6-8)
- Minor (Ages 8-10)`
- Majors (Ages 11-12)
Tee Ball Division (Ages 4-6. For boys and girls to learn fundamentals before advancing to baseball or softball.)
How much does each division cost?
Navigate to the registration page to see available programs and the cost associated with each!
What equipment is supplied by Monroe Baseball & Softball? What do I need to buy?
For Baseball and Tee Ball:
- We will provide a jersey and headbands for the Spring softball players.
- You will need to purchase a softball glove, black shorts or pants, cleats, a batting helmet, a protective face mask and a bat (preferably aluminum).
When are games and practices?
During the spring, you should expect one practice or game on weeknights (typically Monday-Thursday) and one practice or game on Saturday. Fridays and Sundays are typically reserved for makeup games due to rainouts. The Intermediate and Travel teams will also play on Friday and/or Saturday nights and Sunday.
Are there tryouts?
- For the Spring recreational teams at the 12 and under age level, every child who registers gets placed on a team. To form our teams, we hold evaluations that provide a one-time opportunity for team managers to evaluate the talent of the players (throwing, catching and hitting) so they may help to place them as evenly as possible across all teams according to their ability.
- For the Summer and Fall teams, there is an evaluation process for determining who be placed on the roster for each team. All players who register to play may not be selected to participate.
What’s the difference between a Manager and a Coach?
Thanks for asking! Please see the write up on our Volunteer Info page for more details!
How do I get involved to Manage or Coach?
See the Volunteer Info page, or register online!
Can I sponsor my child’s team?
Yes, we would be so grateful for your company's sponsorship!
Do you have Monroe branded apparel and gear available?
Yes, we have two SquadLocker stores with branded apparel! We offer Monroe Softball, Monroe Baseball, and Monroe Travel Baseball items so you can show your support for the progams.