Manager and Coaching Information
As a Manager, you have the ultimate responsibility for your team. Your duties include:
- Following the rules, and more importantly, the spirit of the rules established by the Board of Directors
- Reporting to your League Director who has the responsibility of running your division
- Supervising and instruction of your coaches and players
- Communication with your players’ parents
- Management of games and practices
- including reaching out to opposing managers to reschedule rainouts
- Management of league equipment
As a Coach, you have secondary responsibility for your team. Your duties include:
- Reporting to your team’s Manager
- Assisting in the supervision and instruction of your players
- Assisting your Manager in games and practices
IMPORTANT NOTE: To register as a coach or manager, your online profile MUST contain your Date of Birth. We use this to confirm that you are old enough to coach. You must be 18 years of age to manage or coach.
In order to volunteer to manager or coach, you must do all of the following:
- Register to manager or coach.
- Complete the Little League Volunteer Application. You must include your Social Security number which is required to complete a required background check prior to your volunteering. The PDF form is a "fillable" PDF, meaning that you can type the information in on your computer and then print it out, sign it and send it back to us.
- Submit a copy of your drivers license
- MANAGERS ONLY: You must submit a letter explaining why you want to coach and any qualifications you might have.
- Mail the volunteer form and copy of license to P.O. Box 339, Monroe, CT 06468
IMPORTANT: MANGERS MUST SUBMIT ALL THIS INFORMATION BY FEBRUARY 28th, 2016
General Volunteering Information
Monroe Baseball & Softball is a 100% volunteer organization and requires a significant amount of hours of work. Volunteers are welcome to assist as there are number of opportunities to assist. Here are just a few ways you can help out.
- Serve on the Board of Directors
- Serve on a Committee
- Participate on cleanup days
- Work at the concession stand
- Help with Beardsley Field Maintenance
There a number of opportunities for high school students to volunteer to comply with requirements for service hours. If you are interested in volunteering,